4 inch thick boneless pork chops
1 small onion
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 Cup of hard cider (I used Crispin The Saint (has maple syrup in it))
1 teaspoon instant chicken broth (I use Better than Bouillon)
1 cup of cream
1 8 ounce package of sliced crimini mushrooms
2 tablespoons of dried herb mixture (I used Harvest Eating Italian)
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of butter
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat a large skillet to very hot. While it is preheating, diced up the onion and season the pork chops with salt and pepper. If you slice through fat and silver skin on the pork chops about every inch, they will not cup.
2. Add the oil to the skillet and let it heat until the oil shimmers. Brown both sides of the pork chops. Do not worry about them getting completely cooked. They will be cooked further later on. Set them on a plate until ready to add them back in.
3. Sautee the onions for a minute and then add the garlic. Once the onion is translucent, add the butter. Once it is melted, add the mushrooms.
4. Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the herb mixture. In the future I will add a tablespoon of flour too. I will then cook it until it is light brown. This will thicken the sauce.
5. Mix the instant broth with the cider and use ti to deglaze the pan. Then add the cream and the pork chops.
6. Heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
Post imported by Google+Blog for WordPress.